Appeals & Post Conviction Writs | Denver Criminal Defense Attorney

If a jury returned a “guilty” verdict against you, now is the time to act.  There are several different remedies available to you: 1) ask the judge to overturn the jury’s decision and enter a not guilty verdict; 2) ask the judge for a new trial; or 3) appeal the decision to an appellate court.

The appellate process can be slow and may seem tedious.  However, it is a very necessary and helpful remedy for those who have been wrongfully convicted.

What is an appeal?

Will I win my appeal?

What is a writ?

What is a writ of habeas corpus?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *